PASEO ART SHOW IN TWO WEEKS




School is winding down and my next art show is in less than two weeks.  My studio is filled with stacks of new work and my classroom is filled with stacks of files, supplies and year end projects along with inventory forms, supply requisitions and well.... lots of stuff to accomplish.

My husband has spent the weekend organizing our art show trips across three states.  He has booked our hotels and planned some great adventures between shows.  This summer we are sticking closer to home but will have a two and a half week swing through Utah, Colorado and Wyoming.  Our trip will include digging for fossils with family, a few nights in Las Vegas and headquartering in historic Deadwood, South Dakota so we can explore Mount Rushmore and the Badlands.

Year-End School Projects

My students are wrapping up their final assignments and when they finish they get to work on a wall size mosaic made out of discarded, plastic, bottle caps.  We've been collecting caps in our community for over a year and I think we might have enough to cover the whole school.


I also have my students add to our ceiling tile gallery.  I am blessed with a huge classroom and have well over 300 ceiling tiles overhead.  My students and I usually paint 20 or so new tiles each spring just before school dismisses for the summer.

This is one of my early tiles that hangs above everyone's head as they enter my room.  I also did the sunflower tile.

Comments

Popular Posts