2010 MINIATURE SHOW - "AUTUMN MOTH"

"Autumn Moth"
7" x 5"
Colored Pencil on Canson Mi-Teintes Paper
$100.00 

Our local gallery, The Wild Horse, is once again hosting a Miniature Show which opens on November 18th.  I was concerned about getting anything ready for this year's show due to the demands of my personalized watercolors.  But one of the joys of being an art teacher is that I actually have time occasionally to work on my pieces at school. 

Long ago I purchased some small, inexpensive brown/cream, wooden frames.  So I decided to create a piece that complimented that natural color scheme.  After working for weeks with watercolor I also wanted to play with a different medium.  My students and I are all doing ink pieces right now but in a few weeks my advanced students start a new unit with colored pencils.  So I pulled out my Derwent colored pencils, some brown Canson Mi-Teintes paper and started playing.

Comments

Popular Posts