VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

PYPER

Here is a commissioned, personalized watercolor requested by a former student.  The obvious color scheme is pink, lime green and black.  The introduction of black made this one very different and striking.  They asked I add lime green bows.

This is the last piece I'm preparing for this weekend's show.  I think I've got a nice variety of work to display

Here's a close-up that shows all the details and dimensions.  These pieces look really "scrapbooky" but it's all cut-out and layered watercolor pieces.  The finished painting is 6 1/2" x 18 1/2" on 200 pound watercolor paper.  I am finishing each painting in a 2" white mat wrapped in acetate.

No comments: