VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

BALLET MIXED MEDIA DRAWING

"Ballet"
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

They're baaaaaaaack!  It's been around six weeks since I last worked on a dictionary drawing.  I haven't touched these since I finished some Christmas commissions but I've been planning and preparing and am happy to be working on them again.

A few weeks ago I had a person from Australia (yep, heard that right - Australia) contact me to ask if I had a ballet drawing in my dictionary series.  Now I do.  I unpacked my daughter's ballet shoes, took a few photos and here is the result.

We'll see how popular this drawing becomes or if someone wants to give it a new home.  At last count, the Tea drawing is still flying around cyber space and currently has close to 66,000 reposts or likes on Tumblr (hard to even comprehend that).

I still pacing the floor to hear if I have been asked to participate in a big, spring art show in Oklahoma City.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful work. I found this on Pinterest. wow! 66,000- amazing! Very cool.

Kathleen said...

Wonderful ideas