VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Friday, February 22, 2013

WE HAVE A WINNER

After a hectic return to my studio and my classroom, I have finally found the time to announce the winner of my "Artist" print giveaway.  I had a lot of wonderful responses to my statement "Why I Love Art."  It sure feels good to have people compete to win a piece of my artwork.....thanks, everyone!




AND THE WINNER IS.....
     Aggie (her blog name.  She asks to keep her actual name private for now.)

Her comments to Why I Love Art is
   "Art seeks me - reveals despair, joy, angst, peace - entreats my soul to fill the page....to lift hearts.
    I seek art - as comfort, as challenge, as breath."

I couldn't agree more.

Aggie describes herself...

I am a  wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, friend (I think) & am a pet owner.  I procrastinate, garden, create, am sleep-deprived, fight cholesterol, am sometimes irritable & I am often nostalgic. I love family, chocolate, my faith, anything blue, drawing, football, snow &  reading.  I loathe wind, heat, housework, tailgaters, liver and squash bugs.

We have a lot in common (except the liver part - I love it)

I found Aggie has two blogs and lives just up the road in Kansas. Visit her blogs like I have and get to know her.

They Gave Me Sketchbooks

And The Wind Blew Me Here

It is wonderful to make a new artistic friend.  Congratulations and thank you, Aggie

1 comment:

Aggie said...

I want to say thanks again - for the print, for the wonderful encouragement, and for kind words in this post. It's all fabulous except liver. Can't handle the liver. : )