VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Monday, February 25, 2013

MORE SEWING

"Sew"
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

It's a snowy day in the the Oklahoma Panhandle and I'm happy to be enjoying a snow day out of school in my studio.  I have plenty to do.

I decided to take advantage of a free day to create another sewing piece as a special gift.  My biggest supporters and cheerleaders are my big sisters, Lindy and Janie.  They have been praising and encouraging me since I first arrived.  Lindy (Melinda) is having a birthday this week so I decided to create a dictionary page just for her.

Lindy is an exceptional seamstress and also a school teacher.  (Our whole family including my other sister, Janie are all teachers.)  So thanks to a day at home with the snow blowing outside, I have had time to start and finish a dictionary drawing just for her.

Happy Birthday, Lindy.  Thank you for being a terrific big sister and even better, best friend!

2 comments:

Colorado Crafter said...

I just found your blog today and I am in awe of your work. This sewing piece brings back memories of my mother who was an exceptionally talented seamstress. I also saw your sewing machine piece among the many I have looked at today. I'm enjoying reading your posts... I'm also a teacher at least I was until I had to retire due to a degenerative retinal disease. I've always wished I had a talent for drawing. I used to do better than I seem to do now. :) But, since I don't have enough drawing talent I've taken up rubber stamping and cardmaking in my retirement. As I was looking through many of your posts, I was thinking what wonderful rubber stamps many of your drawings would make and then I came upon the post where you said you had done some drawings for an Australian stamp company. How wonderful! I can't wait to take more time in the future and look at even more of your blog posts.

KaHolly said...

Your work is extraordinary. I create cards from my photography and have often used distressed dictionary pages during the mounting process. It just adds something extra special to the finished product. Well done!