VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Friday, July 12, 2013

QUILT

"Quilt"
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page
SOLD 
Commission

I am still struggling with little energy and flu-like symptoms but I'm pushing to finish some commission pieces and build up inventory for my show in Colorado next month.  This piece was requested recently and I loved creating it.

My mother was a skilled seamstress and I grew up surrounded by family quilts on our farm.  I have a few of these treasures and I have made a couple myself.  I especially love quilts that were made using discarded, family clothing.  I have a quilt top that was created from my grandfather's work shirts and another built from my father's overalls.  I also have a few closets full of worn out quilts I used to use for crafts.

I'm off to email this image to the customer in hopes that she approves.  Then I am back in the studio working away on more dictionary drawings.  If you like this and any other pieces please visit my Etsy shop for quality prints.

No comments: