VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

FOLKLORICA DANCERS

"Folk Dancers"
12" x 18" Pastel Painting on Canson MiTeines Paper

One of the joys of summer is having free time in my studio to do whatever I want.  I am preparing for another big art show in Colorado in early August and I am waiting to hear if I get into a show in New Mexico over Thanksgiving.  Since there is quite a bit of time, I am treating myself to some little projects just for the fun of it.

I love working in pastels.  I like the spontaneity, the rich colors and the way they blend so beautifully.  A few years ago I did a few shows of nothing but still life pastels.  It was great fun and I miss working with them.

This little painting was created from a photo I took of a couple of my high school students who participate in a dancing troupe at our school.  This group is called Alma Folklorica and features beautiful costumes and traditional Mexican/Spanish dances.  They travel all over the country performing.  I really loved seeing them dressed all in white as they slowly swayed and performed a number where they flirted with each other.

I may add a few more touches and put these two in a frame.

No comments: