VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

LIGHT

"Light"
4" x 7" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

Here is another little gem drawn on a smaller dictionary page.  I love old things and when I discovered this antique light bulb it begged to be glorified on a page.  The trick of drawing transparent objects is jump in and look for the reflected colors in the glass.  I love lots of color and I keep my color schemes pretty neutral and similar.  My favorite color choices on those old, book pages tend to be grey green and terracotta.  I love how the combination of the red orange and blue green sparkle.  Complimentary color schemes tend to be my favorites.

No comments: