VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

LITTLE KEY


"Key"
4" x 7" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

I was recently given a really old, damaged dictionary that is much  smaller than the books I have been using.  I thought it would be fun to create some miniature pages using this old book.  The pages measure only 4" x 7"and are extremely brittle and fragile.  They don't permit me many marks without flaking so I have to plan what I'm going to do. I can only make a few swipes with my pencil.

I love keys of all sorts and I love the metaphor of a key.  This particular key doesn't exist that I know of other than in my imagination.  I also like how the print on the book page is worn off in places from use over the years.


1 comment:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Fabulous! I always read your blog but don´t always comment....time factor,,,,I have a few minutes today.
You inspire me,,,thanks!