VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

SUMMER 2013


My summer vacation is coming to a close and it hasn't exactly been what I had hoped for.  I've spent five weeks really sick and even after CT Scans and MRI's my doctor isn't completely sure what's going on.  I am feeling better and getting stronger so hopefully I can enjoy an upcoming trip to California that's been in the planning for months.  I also have another, BIG, art festival in Colorado the weekend before we return to school.  Then school.....if I had been this sick while school was in session it would have been terrible.  I rarely miss a day of class and can't imagine leaving a substitute in my room this long.

My husband and family have been so kind and patient and I've greatly appreciated the prayers and concern from neighbors, friends and followers.  I hate that I've lost so many days stuck in bed.  I have struggled to drag myself into my studio and had to redo a few pieces that I started while not well.  I have lots I'd still like to accomplish but many of my summer projects will just have to wait until I have more strength and another stretch of time off work.

Thank you, everyone, for your support and kindness.


No comments: