VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

WATERCOLOR

Watercolor
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

I loved working on this drawing.  Sometimes a piece is such fun and almost draws itself - it sure was the case with this one.  I thought about using more expensive, tube watercolors as my subjects in the drawing but decided instead to use the everyday sets I give my students.  I still use these sets from time to time myself.

Although this piece is to celebrate watercolor painting, it is completely done with colored pencil and ink.  I thought about adding some watercolor but never put the pencils down long enough to fetch them.

After I letter the original it's going into a frame so it can travel with its siblings to Colorado in a few weeks.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I just found your blog. Do you always paint on newspaper? Are you using watercolor paint? I wonder how that goes on newspaper.....
Laura