VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

ORANGE HUMMINGBIRD

Hummingbird
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

It all started with a hummingbird so the last piece I am adding to my inventory for the Rio Grande Arts Festival in Albuquerque next week is a hummingbird.  These beautiful birds exist in all colors and sizes so they are an artist's dream to create.  I especially love the blue green birds but I decided to venture out and create one with more earth tones.

I am off to hand letter about a dozen new pieces, put them in mats and frames and start packing my booth.  I am really looking forward to spending next weekend in New Mexico.  It will be my first experience celebrating Thanksgiving away from home and family but my husband and I are excited about our adventure.  I sure hope we find lots of happy homes for my artwork and as always, I hope we make some new friends while we are there.

No comments: