VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Friday, November 22, 2013

ANOTHER LITTLE BEE

Bee
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

I am finishing up the last of my drawings I plan to frame for my holiday show in Albuquerque.  I have done a few bee drawings on dictionary pages and they are always a joy to create.  I've really had fun drawing this little insect so I wanted to take one along with me to New Mexico next week.

As is usually the case, these guys don't really have characteristics specific to actual bees but are a hodge-podge of bees made from spare parts.  My favorite part of this particular drawing is the chubby little guy in the upper right hand corner.  I think he is adorable.  He was a last minute addition after I remembered reading somewhere that this kind of bee defies nature and shouldn't be able to fly because of his build.  What a little trooper!  People say he can't fly and he does it anyway - there!  Waytago, Mister.

No comments: