VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Saturday, November 09, 2013

ADDING BOOKPLATES TO MY ETSY SHOP


Every November I create original bookplates for friends and family and I've had requests to make these items available for purchase.  It's exciting to have people take an interest in something I make and I've been thinking about how best to sell bookplates for quite a while.

Well, today I pulled the trigger on including bookplates of my dictionary drawings and my black ink drawings in my online Etsy shop.  I hope my planning pays off and I've got a good product ready to go.

One of the tricks to any good shop is quality merchandise.  One of the obstacles (I felt) to having a nice, self-adhesive bookplate was a quality paper that would print well, hold up and not have the manufacturer logo written on the back.  I recently located self-adhesive paper that comes in a matte finish and appears to be nice and sturdy.  It is also plain on the back, peel-away surface.

Next came experimenting with various methods of packaging my bookplates.  I knew I wanted something attractive that would protect but still show off my artwork.  I was pleased to locate some relatively inexpensive cellophane sleeves that do the job.  I plan to add an insert in each little pocket about my studio.

So after a lot of hours of trial and error, I am busy posting my new merchandise in time for what I hope are possible, holiday sales.  Due to the man hours involved in personalizing, cutting and packaging these items I have priced them a little above some other bookplate sellers.  I also think the original artwork is worth some extra - at least I hope so.

We'll soon see.  Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Aggie said...

Hi Kristy. I finally purchased the Artist bookplates as a Christmas gift to myself! You've inspired me to try this as a gift to some of my book loving family. May I ask what adhesive paper you use? Thanks!