VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Friday, November 01, 2013

PROGRESS ON 2013 BOOKPLATE


The first few dots are started.

I feel like I've got my life back after spending October working on our school's one-act play. Our kids competed last week at state and won runner-up.  We are always thrilled to place at a theater competition.  We presented our show one last time this week for parents and the community.  It was a joy to work with this group of students.

I have stacks of work in my studio to complete for my Thanksgiving show in New Mexico.  I am also excited to work on this year's bookplate.  Fortunately, I am teaching an ink unit for all of my advanced students so I have a work-related excuse to have my ink piece out on my desk.  I am trying to figure out the best approach to reproducing the look of burlap.  I think I have a technique figured out.  I am also trying to give the gardening gloves some texture and character.


1 comment:

Gayle Alstrom said...

Very nice bookplate. Good work.