VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

MICROSCOPE

Microscope
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

I love drawing old objects.  I love the character and personality you can play with in an object that has a history.  I also love finding ways to use unusual color schemes with everyday items.  I liked throwing in a little lime green and violet where it didn't belong to give this object some jazz.

This piece was a lot of fun to create.  I have been on a bit of a scientific, academic trek lately and lot of my recent work is about that world.  This fellow is kinda a combination of a variety of different microscopes I've found so I apologize to those of you who know a thing or two about the real thing.  I took some artistic adventures building it.


No comments: