VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

SHELL SPREAD ACROSS TWO PAGES

"Shell"
15" x 10.5" Mixed Media Drawing on Two Facing, Dictionary Pages

One of the wonderful things about doing a series of related pieces (often called an Area of Concentration) is exploring new and different approaches while staying true to the original idea.  I think it is essential to constantly experiment and grow as an artist - I push my students to keep trying new styles, themes, subject matter, etc.  

When I am examining dictionary pages to prepare a drawing I have often been faced with a definition that spreads across facing pages.  I've usually discarded these pages but recently considered drawing across both pages and framing them together.  This is my first attempt.

I love this old page and already have a double mat ready to frame. I'm planning to reproduce it for a print but may only format the left side....I'm still not sure.

No comments: