VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

GEOLOGY

"Geology"
12" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Antique Dictionary

I never really knew much about geology.  We have a geologist in our family and last summer he treated our whole family to a trip to Utah to dig for fossils.  I wasn't sure what to expect.

He packed each of us our own geologist backpack with all the tools we might need and then arranged for us to spend the day hammering away.  We cracked geodes (my favorite) and then spent time hunting for trilobites - the little fossilized remains of prehistoric bugs.  It was a great time.

We live in a state where there are lots of geologists so in response to their requests, here is my drawing about their trade.

No comments: