VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Monday, May 23, 2016

ANGEL


"Angel"
9" x 12" Mixed Media Drawing on Antique Dictionary Page

I've been asked to create an Angel page for some time.  I've debated about doing a male or female, child or adult - I just didn't know which direction I wanted to go.  So instead of thinking too hard, I just let my pencil take me where it wanted to go.  I started with a pencil sketch across this thin, fragile paper and I started first on the wing on the right side.  As that image started to develop I decided I wanted to create something pretty classical so I studied a lot of Roman and Greek sculptures to try to create some sort of flowing robe.

As she developed I also saw a heart like shape and then knew how I wanted to finish to composition of the figure inside the wings.  As always, the placement of the definition on the page had a lot to do with how and where everything needed to be placed.

I have lots of different kind of wings in my art studio - it is called "Flying Shoes" after all.  So I had lots of feathers and faux wings nearby while I worked.


No comments: