VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

CAGE


"Cage"
6" x 7.5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

I am way behind posting new artwork thanks to a great art show over the weekend.  I am pleased to have sold a lot of originals, prints and walked away with a bunch of terrific commissions.  *Joy*

This little drawing is still available for purchase and is already mounted in a frame for just $75.00.  I have decided to sell unframed originals for $50 and prints for $10. (shipping not included)  So if you see something you like or have an idea you'd like to see  - give me a holler.

Since these dictionary drawings have proven to be popular, I have invested in a few more old dictionaries I've found online.  My favorite are elementary dictionaries that include simple definitions and lots of illustrations on the pages.  Since I have new, used books on the way I can revisit some of my favorite words with new images. 

I am thrilled to have patrons enjoying my work.  I have always loved to draw and I enjoy creating these pieces that look worn, vintage and nostalgic.  They remind me of illustrations in treasured, old, children's books.  I wonder if that's why others find them appealing? 

No comments: