SUNFLOWER FESTIVAL 2012


A close-up of one wall of the booth and a table of dictionary page prints


We are exhausted but thrilled with the success of yesterday's art show.  The Sunflower Festival was held all day Saturday on our main street.  We had nice traffic all day and I had my best show ever.  It is always exciting to have others admire and purchase my work. 

My three daughters, two granddaughters and my husband worked the day and my two son-in-laws helped to set up and take down.  It was a real family affair.  My daughters had an adjacent booth where they sold all sorts of beautiful, handmade items and did face painting all day.  They hardly had a break.

I have a number of commissioned, dictionary drawings to work on this week so the benefit of the show will continue for awhile.  My husband was so excited about the success of the day that he has spent this morning researching other shows we might attend.  I did lots of shows when my girls were little and he swore he would never be a part of an art show again.  Yesterday proved to change his mind.

I am resting up today but back in the studio tomorrow!



Me, my granddaughter, Cami and my youngest daughter, Kelsey



Comments

Popular Posts