FILM

Film
6" x 7.5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page
Original SOLD - Prints available

My husband and I are big movie lovers.  My husband is such a cinefile that he has a blog dedicated to the Telluride Film Festival which we attend each Labor Day thanks to the generousity of former students.  ( michaelstelluridefilm.blogspot.com )  At Telluride we've had the amazing opportunity to attend movie premieres of films that often go on to win major awards.  The added treat is we get to actually meet and talk to world famous directors and celebrities.  The rest of the year we watch movies constantly and love all types of films from blockbusters to little independent gems.  Right now we are finishing up the entire series of "Alien" films after watching "Prometheus."

This drawing is actually a wedding gift for a special, former student that was commissioned by friends and future in-laws.  The student is also a big film fan and shares our interest.  The vintage camera took some study to complete.

Since school is out and my classroom is currently being waxed and off limits, I had to use my daughter's scanner to digitize this drawing.  Wow!  Her scanner made all the difference in capturing nearly the exact colors of the original.  I was so pleased that my husband ordered me a new home scanner for future artwork.  Hopefully my digital images will now look more like the original works of art.

Comments

Popular Posts