VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Saturday, June 02, 2012

DAISY


"Daisy"
5" x 5" Mixed Media Drawing on a Distressed, Dictionary Page

My little art studio is filled with stacks of distressed book pages and supplies are scattered everywhere.  The joy of preparing for an art show is that I have an excuse to ignore the dishes, lock myself away for hours doing nothing but art and I end up with a nice inventory of work that follows some sort of theme or style.

*bliss

The backside of preparing for an art show is that the kitchen disappears under stacks of dishes, I start to miss hanging out with my family (especially my grandchildren) and I get to a point where I can't wait to create something just for fun or at least a little different from what I am doing.

*sigh

I have a number of favorite flowers I'd like to reproduce for the show.  I think there are buyers out there that admire and enjoy floral art.  I do.  I've already got some sunflowers framed and plans to do poppies, geraniums and some plants like wheat and sorghum.  Time is ticking with only a week to go before the Sunflower Festival opens.


1 comment:

Sherry Rogers said...

Just recently discovered your work! Wonderful art and love to read you blog. I wish you had a button on your blog so that I could get new posts right in my email box.

Also what brand of pastels do you use. I am just now reading your blog so maybe you tell there. . .but just in case. . .

Thanks!