VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

EAGLE


"Eagle"
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page
SOLD


Sometimes pieces almost create themselves and that was the case with this drawing.  I am currently covering cross-hatching, stippling and modeling techniques with my beginning students so I used this piece as a demonstration.  I wanted them to see how I could shade and create the different values in the eagles' flat wings using hatching and cross-hatching.

This is one of the new pieces I introduced at the show this past weekend.  It still doesn't have an owner.  I hope someone will admire it enough to take it home.

No comments: