VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

NEST

"Nest"
12" x 18" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed Parchment

The studio has really been busy the past two days.  I had to create a second, large version of one of my original, dictionary drawings for the upcoming show.  These was and continues to be one of my all time favorite pieces.  Recreating it in a larger format was much more challenging.  In a larger drawing it is necessary to add finer details and more color choices to keep it interesting.

I love the metaphor of a nest.  I think it expresses hope, birth, new life and home.  Right now (well I guess always) those are important values to me.  I've included three eggs as in the past drawing.  I have three beautiful daughters and three, precious grandchildren and have been married for over three decades.  Our little nest is about to get two more grandchildren so I may have to expand for future drawings.

I have two more, large drawings to complete.  The frames I need have just arrived and I picked up the glass and mat board so I am about at the stage where these drawings find their nest and are hung in the gallery.  It's a very exciting time for The Shoes.

No comments: