LIBERTY

"Liberty"
6" x 8.5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page
SOLD

As hurricane Sandy is pounding her, I thought I would go ahead and post my drawing of Lady Liberty.  This simple little drawing also sold during my show last weekend.  It is always exciting when someone admires a piece and wants to have it for their own office or home.  This lady is now owned by a local attorney who was once a student.

The little corner of the page ripped when I removed it from the book but I was able to attach another distressed piece of dictionary paper before she made her home under glass in the frame.

I have lots of new work to still post on the blog.  I am happily making plans on this year's book plate so my studio is cleaned out of dictionary drawings (for the moment since there are a number of commissions for Christmas gifts) and I am filling it with sea shells and black ink pens.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kirsty your work is just BEAUTIFUL! How wonderful to be able to draw . Love your work! Karen x (wintonrosepapercreations.blogspot.com)

Popular Posts