VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Monday, October 29, 2012

LIBERTY

"Liberty"
6" x 8.5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page
SOLD

As hurricane Sandy is pounding her, I thought I would go ahead and post my drawing of Lady Liberty.  This simple little drawing also sold during my show last weekend.  It is always exciting when someone admires a piece and wants to have it for their own office or home.  This lady is now owned by a local attorney who was once a student.

The little corner of the page ripped when I removed it from the book but I was able to attach another distressed piece of dictionary paper before she made her home under glass in the frame.

I have lots of new work to still post on the blog.  I am happily making plans on this year's book plate so my studio is cleaned out of dictionary drawings (for the moment since there are a number of commissions for Christmas gifts) and I am filling it with sea shells and black ink pens.

1 comment:

Karen Garrard said...

Kirsty your work is just BEAUTIFUL! How wonderful to be able to draw . Love your work! Karen x (wintonrosepapercreations.blogspot.com)